Importance of Exercise
In addition to eating a health, well-balanced diet, incorporating exercise into daily life has a number of proven health benefits.
Did you know that regular exercise, even a walk around the neighborhood, can help improve your mood? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), regular exercise can reduce the risk of depression and even help you sleep better. Not to mention that regular physical activity improves cardiovascular health.
What else does exercise do for your body? Consider these important benefits of regular exercise:
- Helps control weight, lose weight, and maintain a healthy weight for the long-term.
- Reduces your risk for cardiovascular disease including heart attack and stroke.
- Reduces your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces your risk of developing certain cancers. According to the CDC, research shows that physically active people have a lower risk of colon cancer, and for women a lower risk of breast cancer, compared to people who are not physically active.
- Builds strong bones and muscles
- Improves mental health and mood, and also lowers the risk for depression.
- Promotes better sleep.
- Increases your chances for living a longer, healthier life.